Tuesday, July 20, 2010

House Party Boos

This past Saturday, I threw my very first Grown-Up house party. It was aptly titled Breakfast at Tiffany's :-) The party was just like those old school ones your mama and them use to throw. People were dancing, playing cards and games with tons of food and drinks to go around. It was sooooo much fun and a cool way to see all of my friends from all aspects of my life mingle.

Then I got to thinking that this can be the first of many events and an opportunity to meet boos through friends of friends. The dating scene is looking a bit skimp, why not have my friends bring their hot, single, straight man friends to my parties so we can mix and mingle. This could be a very low-key way to meet some new hot guys...I mean new people.

What do you think is this a good idea or is dating your friends "friends" not a good idea and leads to unwanted weird tension?

4 comments:

  1. I think is a cool way to meet potential boos! There's no awkwardness because you're amongst friends. The mutual friend can give you a prescreening as opposed to meeting someone and having to figure it all out yourself. And, worst case, if it doesnt work out, you're at a party at your house, put him out! LOL j/k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm....I would say its a bad idea, but then again a good idea lol. Like, you never want to mess up a friendship or create tension b/c you and that person's friend did not work out, but at the same time, I think people should be mature enough to stay out the way. So if your friend introduces you to someone, once she (or he) has done that, they should step out of the way and stay out of the way. If they play a part in whatever is going on, then if you and that person don't last there will be a slight awkwardness there. Feel me?
    By the way, I'm weak right now, my captcha code is "hornies". How ironic lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very great points ladies and I can mos def see both perspectives. I like the idea of prescreening without e harmony lol and I definitely like the point of the friend "staying out of the way" which can be hard for some friends to do. I think I may try another party and tell all of my friends to bring a single hot guy to get in....lol Will keep yall posted on how that goes!!!!

    Thanks for commenting ladies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. and YOU never came to our house parties in Norfolk, VA.. hmmmmm

    that explains it all...

    ReplyDelete